Sunday, December 11, 2011

Mother Daughter Project!


Last year I wanted to do a craft project with my daughter. My front door needed a wreath, so I thought wreath making would be a good choice. She was dubious, claiming she is just not good at crafts. We headed to Michael's!

My daughter chose all natural elements, which suits her personality. In contrast, I chose the most sparkly stuff I could find. I am obsessed with anything glittery, sparkly, or twinkly. I have a theory. As we get older and our eyesight gets worse, the sparkly stuff is easier for us to see. By the time I am seventy, I will probably be wearing head to toe sequins...to the grocery store.

I thought her wreath was beautiful, and I proved to her that anyone can make a bow.



She is quite meticulous, and I wouldn't have been surprised if she measured the distance between berries and pinecones. She was very happy with her wreath and couldn't wait to hang it on her apartment door.

I chose ornaments for my wreath. I found some great ribbon, and a package of ornaments that matched perfectly. I bought larger ornaments to hang around the wreath. Not one for traditional colors, I chose copper and two shades of green.

Yes, it is one glittery wreath.

 


We decided to have a photo taken to
commemorate our fun project together!
 


This year, we will do another project. I have it
down to a tabletop tree or a gingerbread house.
I'd welcome other ideas if you have any!



HAPPY DECORATING!!!

I am joining Susan at Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday!

Be sure to visit my sister's blog at Robin Flies South!

4 comments:

Robin said...

Both your wreaths look great. So does Laura have the artistic genes too? Two of yours sure would look nice on my front doors with those colors. My entire house is speckled with glitter and I don't care!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Tess said...

Both your wreaths are beautiful (she did a great job for being self proclaimed crafty). I adore the colors of your sparkly one!!! (love the grocery store comment-I'm headed there with ya!!) Good luck with your latest project!

Merry Christmas!

Maria Elena said...

Both wreaths are beautiful! They are perfect!

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What a great memory you made together.. Both wreaths turned out beautifully. hugs ~lynne~