Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Winter Warm Up!

Last week I created an icy tablescape, completely void of color. Well, after getting two and a half feet of snow in the last week, I am ready to warm things up with color! I decided to set a lunch table for some steaming hot soup and salad. 

First, here is what the great outdoors looks
like in my neck of the woods!





Now, are you ready to see some color?





See, I wasn't kidding!




Are you warming up?






A simple glass bowl of fruit repeats the colors.



I hope these dishes purchased from
Goodwill don't make you dizzy!



I decided to alternate striped bowls and solid ones,
and green napkins and gold ones.






















I found some colorful salt & pepper shakers, too!














Is it spring yet?

Thank you for visiting and I hope you stay warm!



I will be joining:
Tablescape Thursday
Table Top Tuesday


Be sure to check out my sister's blog at Robin Flies South...

12 comments:

highheeledlife said...

Love all the colour perfect for welcoming (and encouraging ) spring to hurry up! Happy TT..

Robin said...

Great color and yes the one picture made me a little dizzy! Your new table looks great. I love the finish on the wood. I have those placemats in black but they are rectangular. I love the round!

Robin
Robin Flies South

Liz@A Dish Here, A Glass There said...

Love it! I'm all for color too! I have too much white outside my door!
What a great find at Goodwill! I think this feels tropical and I'm all for that too! Those are cute glasses and I love topiaries! I like the chargers- I think it made it feel island like!!

Maria Elena said...

I just love your table!!! Beautiful!
The dishes were a great find and I love the topiaries! All put together it looks so pretty! Great inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love your color!! There's no end to what you can do with those dishes, and you do know that stripes are very in!

Marigene said...

I am not color shy, so I really like this table...plus it has a pair of roosters!

Tricia said...

Color me a lover of COLORS! Neutrals have their place, but give me color! Those topiaries are wonderful -- and different from most I've seen. Love the colorful dishes and the use of fruit to repeat the colors!

Chubby Chieque said...

TY for waking me up from winterland.

This is much better. With your centerpiece? This makes me drool and crave some fresh fruit sallad.

Happy TS...

Greetings from freezing Stockholm,
/chie

Alycia Nichols said...

Two FEET of snow?!??!?! Yikes! You guys are really blanketed with it! We STILL haven't gotten much of anything here...and I'm happy about it! I hate to send my husband off to work in the mornings in that mess! It's pretty to look at, but only if you don't have to get out in it! :-) I love all the color on the table, and the dishes are fabulous! I love fun, colorful dishes like that. They are so uplifiting!

Entertaining Women said...

I love the balance that you've achieved with color, texture, and pattern. It would be a pleasure to pull up a chair to this table. Thank you for inviting us for a peak. Cherry Kay

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely table,love your colorful dishes. The cold is coming our way this week end,with the wind. We have not had but a day or two of winter yet ,stay warm! Joann

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love everything about this table. The stripe bowls and plates are fabulous, the topiaries and the plain bowl to match. Great!The winter photos are stunning,wow, in my part of the world we're at the beach in the 90's with sea breeze, though., actually where my daughter lives and we're visiting. Thanks for sharing and for your lovely visit. Happy Valentine's.
FABBY